The best desert xeriscapes allow you the luxury of leaving your garden alone throughout the summer, with only the slightest irrigation necessary to have a lush and beautiful desert garden. Whether you are looking for wild flowers, cactus, or succulents this article will list some xeriscape drought-resistant desert plants that are perfect for your yard.
Some Xeriscape Wild Flowers:xeriscape landscaping
• The Red Bird of Paradise, a stunning orange-red perennial, is very drought resistant and beautiful.
• The Fairy Duster is a flame red, strong plant that adds some spice to any garden.
• The Lantana is a delightful addition to any garden with its mix of yellows, oranges, and reds.
• The Bougainvillea is a drought tolerant plant with wonderful pink flowers.
• Texas sage is a popular purple flowering plant that can also serve as a nice hedge.
Each of these plants will add splashes of color to your garden, as well as requiring very little water that makes them ideal for your desert xeriscape.
Cactus & Succulents for your Xeriscapes commercial landscaping las vegas
The Cholla cactus – a common cactus that produces flowers with bright red, yellow, pink, orange and lavender petals. This magical cactus bears fruits, which contain the seeds of the cactus.
The tephrocactus articulates – with its white and yellow flowers, is a strong addition to your desert xeriscape because it is known for its incredible drought resistance.
Barrel Cactus – a beautiful small cactus that bears wonderful yellow flowers.
Saguaro Cactus – this massive cactus is known for its giant size and is an iconic desert plant.
Businesses Enjoy The Benefits of Xeriscapes
If you own a property and are looking for commercial landscaping, then desert xeriscapes may be the most cost efficient choice for you. Remember, your commercial landscape can make or break the look of your property.
Besides using less water and helping conserve our natural resources, xeriscapes make it possible to let your garden flourish without unnecessarily tampering with it too often. Enjoy the benefits of drought-resistant plants and help save our natural resources at the same time.